Monday, March 21, 2016

POSTER REFLECTIONkeno









I believe that my stance is clear with my poster. I am satirizing the ridiculousness and absurdity of the NYC subway system by exaggerating the MTA courtesy ads that you see on the train. As the posters progress, they get more and more absurd. The last poster does not even follow the format anymore. 

I feel like my thumbnail sketches were less successful than my actual pieces. All of my thumbnail sketches didn't end up as actual posters that I made, the final ones I made up on the spot. As I thought, the 25 thumbnail sketches that I hardly did, were worthless. I do like my visual outcome.

At first I thought I would be taking an original MTA image and altering it, however this proved difficult, so I ended up creating a completely new image modeled after the MTA one. This actually was the easier method. 

I think that I score most strongly in the Design section of the rubric because my colors are very strong and clear. The way I created the shapes was very efficient and exactly mimicked the way the real MTA posters were created. 

I think that I was weakest in the Skill and Techniques, (not that that area was weak). Some of my format is probably off or something I'm not sure. 

Conceptually, the only challenge was thinking of ideas that I wanted to portray in my poster and how to portray them. 

The most challenging part of my project technically was the beginning where I wasn't sure how to go about creating the shapes. After I figured that out, it was smooth sailing. 

6 comments:

  1. I think this is really funny, I actually laughed out loud. Your stance is to make fun of the way the MTA tries to tell people to behave. Your poster was really clear because it is making fun of something everyone has seen, I love the sarcasm you had in your posters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this was hilarious. The posters look like they could actually be from the MTA. I understand you stance very clearly. Using the same format as the MTA helped to enhance the posters message. The one about sardines is very relatable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your posters are very wavy i think your stance is very clear and they are well executed i like it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how creative you were with your poster! It's really funny and it's clear that you are making fun of the MTA. I like how you made the format similar to the ads on the train.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is hilarious. I can clearly understand your stance and what your trying to show. I think its clear that you're making fun of the MTA and all the posters they have on the trains.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your posters were a very creative way to express your views on subway courtesy. The posters successfully portrayed your views since it was consistent with other MTA posters. The extensive exaggeration of each situation enhanced the poster's message and successfully swayed me.

    ReplyDelete